Things to do in Westbank, B.C.
Swirl and sip on your way along The Westside Wine Trail where you will discover not just winery tasting rooms, but also restaurants, magnificent views, outdoor music festivals, art showings and wine education events. Do the’Rush’ – the Boucherie Rush Trail. Discover some volcanic explorations while walking up Mt. Boucherie, our 60-million-year-old dormant volcano. Spend your Friday nights through July and August in Memorial Park in which you may enjoy free outdoor music festivals in the ‘Music in the Park’ Series. Savour flavours. Ice cream and farm Fresh merchandise are all tasting and prepared for the own picking! Build a sandcastle across the sandy beaches of Willow Beach or even zipline to the sparkling waters of Lake Okanagan down in the Gellatly Bay Waterfront.
Check out Westbank Centre because of the assortment of cultural restaurants and Saturday’s Westbank Farmers’ Market. Pop to Westbank Hub Centre for a few Aboriginal fare, such as bannock. Rip it up. Cross Country Ski by day or beneath the moon in Telemark Nordic Club or snowshoe in their paths. Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the Gellatly Nut Farm Regional Park — a century old functioning nut plantation and also a Class A Heritage website. Discover the native history of this region with a visit to Westbank First Nation’s snc wips (sen-chwee-ps) Heritage Museum and find out about our regional settlers in the Westbank Museum. VisitWestside.com | #VisitWestside
Things to do on a rainy day
- Stop by the local library for story time or shoot from the local art on display.
- Take in a movie at one of the two film theaters.
- Swim at Johnson Bentley Aquatic Centre or hot up from the sexy tub/steam room.
- Head into the playcentre’Just4Fun’, ideal for small ones.
- pedicure at one of the day spas or Get pampered with a spa service.
Enjoy the very best of the law beneath the skies A very lengthy dining table dinner surrounded by those who enjoy great food, fantastic wine and great company.
- Savour heirloom tomatoes in many different dishes in the Bonfire Restaurant. More than 75 varieties of berries are grown within their chef’s backyard.
- Stop by the Saturday Westbank Farmers’ Marketplace (JulySept), a roadside fruit stand or venture in an orchard or area to select fruits and veggies to get a BBQ.
- Wander throughout the earliest nut plantation in BC! Come the autumn, when it’s harvest time, people flock to the Gellatly Nut Farm Regional Park to buy nuts from the pound or go through the farm firsthand by selecting the nuts off the floor themselves.
- Experience the Red Fox Club, a contemporary native restaurant revitalizing age-old methods into todays palate. Okanagan/sylix background and respect to the aboriginal men and women are the true inspiration behind this inventive ever changing menu. .
Best Areas For…
ARROWLEAF BALSAMROOT FLOWERS
At the spring that the slopes of Kalamoir Regional Park (yaʕcinitkʷ) are embellished with this lovely yellow Blossom.
Fintry Provincial Park provides simple walking on a Number of Walking a rise in addition to routes . History buffs will appreciate the park’s historical buildings and property farm buildings.
Burn off electricity in the playgrounds of Marina Park, Pritchard Park and Gellatly Nut Farm. These playgrounds are lakefront a cool down in The lake may occur.
Love skateboarding, biking Hockey all in the Westbank First Nation Sport Court. Situated on Quail Lane Brand-new park is available to everybody and is a must see for families and kids.
An off leash dog beach can be found on Gellatly Rd, together with off leash puppy Parks May St and Shannon Woods Dr.
Get your adrenaline moving at Safari Ridge, an paintball and laser tag adventure park where you may Play with Clash of Arrows Archery Games.
Strategic layouts and lovely Backdrops combine for the best match of golf at Two Eagles or Shannon Lake Golf clubs. For a relaxing day of placing, try miniature golf at 19 Greens.
Hopefully you have enjoyed reading about Westbank BC. If you ever need a Mobile Mechanic near you – call us!